Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Wooooooo-Hooooooooo

Well it is official. Tomorrow is my last day with my current employer. I passed my "federal employment" physical. Also, I have spent the last 10 days training my replacements. They are all smart enough and the work is fairly easily self-taught, so they will be fine. I think my "client" boss is going to miss me, he is taking me out for lunch tomorrow, my choice. I think I'll go where he always goes when salesmen take him out. I have been hearing about it for 3 years now, so it's about time (better be worth it)! I know that my supervisor from the large international security company (LISC) will not be sad to see me go, a feeling I'm sure is shared by his bosses. While I have been solid, reliable employee, I am not a "company" guy. I have worked the last 3 years looking out for the client, not for my employer (not that my employer was ever hurt or put out by my actions). The LISC is run much like the commercials with the chimpanzees, at least in my opinion. They do not have a spectacular record with common sense and logic, much less investment in quality equipment and personnel. A quick example is that many of our guards are armed (not illogical for transit security). My biggest issue is that with a requirement for prior law enforcement they should issue us weapons commensruate with the century, at least our weapons are not single action, hahahaha. The best plan would be to allow us to carry our own weapons providing they meet acceptable law enforcement standards, but NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO...we got underpowered, .38 revolvers. Anyway, this is in the past. Friday I will turn in my equipment to the LISC, my guard license to the City/County, and I will have my final (non-influential) skin test read and have the better part of a 3-day weekend. Friday will be relaxing and a haircut (gotta look sharp), Saturday will be 2 of my son's basketball games, and Sunday will be football and family! I guess there will be paperwork to fill out, so if there are no further posts for a few d/w's it will be because of writer's cramp!!!!! Special thanks, yet again, to my brother, we miss you and think of you often! Keep the family safe and sound!!!! Julian is a lucky kid to have you and Mrs. Filtersweep as parents!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger filtersweep said...

Good luck with the new job!

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home