Thursday, February 08, 2007

New Job

As luck would have it I have been at my new job for the last 3 weeks (as of Friday). I have learned that working for the government as a civilian is ENTIRELY different. I am one of 3 new employees who, with 2 existing employees, will be the foundation of a Police dispatch center for the organization. This will be the first 24/7 police dispatch center for this organization. Currently, police dispatchers are only used for 2/3 of the day, Monday thru Friday. We will be starting 24/7 operations after all the equipment and whatnot is moved. This will be a great chance to influence and affect the operations of this organization, but I will be working against decades of things being done differently. Conversely, I have promotion potential on the police side as an officer, as they are interviewing for 2 sergeant positions and will probably have 3-4 patrol offier positions opening soon.

On the family scene, my son is now officially 6 feet 4.5 inches, desperately trying for 6' 5". He will make it before he turns 14 in July I am sure. Otherwise we are all happy and mostly healthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home